Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Climb

Over the Holidays I was invited to go rock climbing with my brother and dad. I had been before, and had enjoyed it. This time, was going to be a little bit different, we were bouldering. We did not have someone to belay us, it was all about the climb. At first, I was a little intimidated. I knew that the fall would be broken by soft padding, but I still felt the fear creeping in. As I watched my dad and brother climb the walls like SPIDERMAN, I decided to go for it. I started to climb on the easier wall, I realized that without a rope you had to be more careful. There were times that I missed a step and fell, but my fall was ALWAYS broken either by the padding or my brother, who was coaching me.
scriptureThat night while laying in bed, contemplating how sore I was going to be the next day, I thought of starting school again. I could feel the fear I had experienced while rock climbing, start to overcome me again. I knew I was going to be taking REALLY hard classes and working a lot. That is when I had a scripture POP into my head, Joshua 1:9, “Be of good courage!” That is when relief came over me. No matter how hard my classes get, and how stressed I feel, I know HE IS WITH ME through my climb.



©LV2012



1 comment: