Sunday, January 1, 2012

Arise and Shine, Now is the TIME!!!



HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Arise and Shine its 2012, we have made it… When a New Year comes, it is common for people to set “New Year’s Resolutions.” In the past, I might have set a few farfetched resolutions like, keep my room clean, not stay up late, and no television… Sadly, those have never worked.  So this year I am trying something new, a THEME for my year. As I was trying to come up with the perfect one, I came upon the Mutual Theme for 2012 on LDS.org.
“Arise and Shine Forth!”
I then watched Elder L. Tom Perry’s VIDEO that explained the theme. As I watched it, I felt something spark inside of me. It was the feelings I had been missing from doing missionary work. As I watched another VIDEO, It showed young women who had experienced neat missionary opportunities because of their example. One young woman had sparked attention by merely wearing her Young Woman’s necklace. I have realized it is the small things that we do that people notice. To be a good example we need to start with the small things, reading the Book of Mormon, saying sincere prayers, and attending church and the temple. This is my theme for the year, to Arise and Shine Forth, to be an example to those around me. To achieve this, I must do what I have been asked, to focus on the small and simple things.  I know as I do these things, everything else will fall into place :]

©LV 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment