Monday, July 23, 2012

Who Knew?

A year ago I was in a place called Henrietta, New York serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. While I was serving there I was teaching a family of three. I loved teaching them because I felt so comfortable with them. While I was in their area they didn't just get baptized. It took time, while we were teaching them, I would pray for them constantly to come to know the truth for themselves. Over and over again I got the answer, "In time they will, and you will see it." For a long time I was angry because I am a "right now" kind of person.


I ended my mission early because I was sick. I was worried about this family, and what would happen. In January, I received a call from a wonderful young woman, exclaiming that she was going to be baptized... I had never been so happy. Following in her example, later her parents were married and baptized in May!


This summer, I had the opportunity to have this beautiful daughter of God at EFY. Who knew that I would get to work with her again? It was life changing to see what creating a relationship with her Heavenly Father did for her. While I was teaching about the Book of Mormon, I had Sammie share her testimony with the other participants. It was a moment in time I will never forget. A girl so young and new to the church was able to strengthen the testimonies of many.it is amazing what the Lord can do when we are patient. Sammie is an example; she is a daughter of God.


©lare Vaterlaus 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment